Ann Warner Sample Still Life Workshop
Still Life Workshop Supply List
Basic Palette Paints
- Titanium white or permalba
- Nikel yellow
- Zinc (lemon) yellow
- Cadmium yellow light
- Cadmium yellow medium
- Yellow ochre
- Burnt sienna
- Cadmium orange
- Cadmium red light
- Alizarin crimson
- Thalo red rose
- Thalo violet
- French ultramarine blue
- Cerulean blue
- Thalo blue
- Thalo green
You may also bring favorite or specialty colors. Be sure you have the basic palette and inform me when you plan to add additional colors.
- Palette and easel and tables for still life set ups. (Card tables are too wide.)
- Natural bristle brushes—sizes 2,4,6,8, 10 and 12 flats or filberts, long handles, excellent condition, several of each
- Vine charcoal
- Pencil, pens, notepads, liquin, or medium of choice
- Odorless paint thinner and brush cleaning containers
- Palette knife
- Toilet paper or paper towel, crop cloths, garbage bags
- Warm bulb spotlight on stand
16”x20”, 24”x30” canvas or a similar size of your choice. Bring more than one if you paint fast; for most, one will be enough. Bring cardboard or a second canvas to cut light filtering through the canvas on which you are painting plexiglass for viewfinder, markers, rulers.
What materials are you to bring for the still life set ups?
(lights, natural colored burlap backdrops or other desired backdrops, vases, flowers, fruits, vegetables, etc??) I do not recommend painting a still life from photographs.
Ann welcomes any questions and will be glad to receive email or telephone inquiries.